The target for the weekend was, as I implied yesterday, Wörthersee and Pörtschach (which is quite impossible to remember, which is why it will henceforth be known simply as P-dorf) in Carinthia. A bunch of YSSP:ers went there to attend to our summer colleague Wolf’s as traditional as ambitious birthday party. We also had time to do some swimming in the gorgeous lake...
...as well as take group photos. On pic number one I believe the conversation went something like “Now think of a wild science idea” – “Avery stop talking and look at the camera”. On pic two the photographer said “Now do something crazy or jump or something”. Oh well, the problems of getting good group pics.
(Photo creds from Wörthersee to Hayley, always a reliable source of documentation)
About the party I can’t really disclose much, as what happens in P-dorf stays in P-dorf, but I can reveal that the general theme of the party was Sushi and Sake, and sushi and sake there was. Loads and loads of it. And also noodles, beer, champagne (or other bubbling stuff), chili con carne and goulash. And a very nice setting with all kinds of flowers and Japanese looking bling (if you now can call white flowers, calligraphy and other equally serene decorations for bling).
And then there were of course Wolfs parents who not only put up with a huge party in their house (they went to a hotel) but also helped organize it.
And ok then, I guess it wouldn’t hurt to tell you that there was also lederhosen, karaoke and sake bombs.
But as I said, I can’t really tell anything about what happened in P-dorf. Although I guess I should say that I got a very strong camp flashback feeling since we all (~10 of us) slept on inflatable (and deflatable) mattresses in one big room. With that special camp feeling in your back after your mattress decides to not contain the air any more. And that special feeling when you in the middle of the group, in the middle of the night (eeerr ok, morning) find an unknown stranger sleeping on one of the mattresses and nobody knows who he is, nobody knows how he got there.
Ok so that (too much?) said, I’d like to finish this post with a very uncommon addition: a personal message to Wolf. Thanks loads for inviting us! It was awesome. And who knows, maybe we meet again next year in good ole' P-dorf.





Inga kommentarer:
Skicka en kommentar